LA – Even though people have labeled me as a foodie, as a dating coach I am constantly reminding my clients that dinner and a movie is not the way to a girl’s heart. Los Angeles is a melting pot of cultures, a stomping ground for artists, and a beautiful place to explore. So, before booking that reservation or picking up that fork, consider these unique date ideas which will earn major points for creativity and bonus points for fun!
1. Go on Tour – LA is a destination for tourists worldwide. They come from miles around to jam their fingers into the suspiciously small handprints at Grauman’s and rub elbows with the stars. Though some would label them as corny, you and your date can have a blast seeing the city through new eyes on a guided tour. If you’re not into taking the TMZ bus up and down Hollywood Blvd., take a walk on the weird side with Esotouric’s Black Dahlia tour.
2. The Great Outdoors – We live in the one of the most temperate climates in the country so take advantage of it by staying outdoorsy year round. Get your heart rate up in more than one way by taking a Full Moon Hike in Franklin Canyon park.
3. Life is More Romantic on a Boat – Our proximity to the ocean makes LA the ideal place to make a splash. Kayaking, whale watching, even riding a classic gondola through the canals of Long Beach can turn up the romance.
4. Heat Things Up – Amateur cooking classes are hot, hot, hot! Learning and creating something together can do wonders for intimacy. Hipcooks offers a cozy class environment where you can learn a new recipe together and join your fellow chefs for a family-style meal.
5. Team Up – Join forces by going on a double date. Voila! You have a team that is scavenger hunt ready. Create your own or go along for the ride with Watson Adventures who has already plotted out riddles and clues that will take you through LA’s historic twists and turns.
6. Live Performance – We’ve become accustomed to sitting in movie theatres without performers who can interact back. For a change, get tickets to a live theatre, music or comedy show instead. In addition to great shows at The Hollywood Bowl, Walt Disney Concert Hall and The Pantages, you can find amazing, cheap and sometimes even free shows throughout the city and you never know which headliners might drop in.
7. Taste of LA – I love a wine flight as much as the next girl but here in LA, we have so many rich cultures to explore, each with their own unique gastronomical delights. Tequila, Vodka, Whiskey, you can have it all in Los Angeles, so why not take your date on a trip around the world without leaving the city limits.
8. Give back – LA is the home of not only extreme wealth but also extreme poverty (though sometimes it’s hard to tell who’s who in this city by looks alone). Volunteering for a local charity that you’re both passionate about can help you make others feel good while also feeding your own soul.
For more on Damona, click here.
*Photo Credit: Elizabeth Mercer