NY – I am passionate about living a green, simple and abundant life, and every Earth Day I try to find my inspiration in nature. This year I’m all about the water, and there’s certainly plenty to be found around the island of New York City! I hope you will share my inspiration this Earth Day and feel the “WOW — I love NYC!” with these water inspired ideas!
Make a change, be kind to the planet and enter for a chance to win a chic, reusable ECOBAG (see tip #10)! Whether you live in a big city or out in the country, Earth Day is a perfect wake-up call to make a difference and help the Earth with these 10 easy steps (click on the links for NYC suggestions)!
1. Carry a Reusable Water Bottle/Coffee Cup.
2. Support a Farmers Market.
3. Choose Farm to Table Restaurants like ABC Kitchen.
5. Buy local and in season.
6. Compost with your neighbors.
7. Plant a kitchen window herb garden.
8. Recycle everywhere you go.
9. Buy Thrift or Vintage.
10. Carry a Reusable Bag. Just say “no” to single-use bags! It doesn’t matter if you’re buying a new dress or picking out fresh produce at the Farmers’ Market – ask yourself “Can I reuse it, recycle it or is it just trash?” Less than 2% of plastic shopping bags actually get recycled.